Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Con Funk Shun


When I was a kid I would spend a lot of time with my Dads side of the family in the East Bay Area. My dad was the oldest of 5 brothers and my uncles were more like my brothers than my uncles. I used to listen to all of their music on my Uncle Joel's HiFi Stereo system. My uncle had the best collection of Bay Area Recording Artists. Santana, Tower of Power, Doobie Brothers and Con Funk Shun.  My friend Tene Shake invited me to Yoshi's in San Francisco to hear Con Funk Shun and I jumped at the opportunity.  My Uncle Joel passed away at age 60 just a week before the concert and I had to hear the band for a little nostalgia. Not only did they sound amazing but they sound better than I remember. Tene invited me to meet with Felton and I was honored when he asked me to be in a photo to promote LiveTrax. Felton is a Grammy Award winning producer and performer and I will be even more honored when he produces my CD in the future. 

No comments: