Sunday, October 21, 2007

Did you know that I used to be a Pastor?


After graduating from High School I was faced with the question. What do you want to do when you grow up? That is such a loaded question. When I was a kid I wanted be everything from a professional Skateboarder, to an Astronaut. But when you are entering manhood, what do you do? This is too quick. Do I really need to make a decision right away? I am too young to figure out what I am to do with my life. I grew up in a conservative christian home and wanted to always do the right thing to please God and my family.

My grandfather was a Pastor and was well known in his fellowship of believers. It was never asked of me but I knew that my family wanted me to follow in his footsteps. I was a Youth Pastor for 10 years.

I am no longer in Ministry. Who would hire a 42 year Youth Pastor who is divorced and has 3 kids?

Today I was invited back to a Church where I served as Youth Pastor. They were having a 25th. Anniversary for the Senior Pastors and as part of the party, they invited everyone who was on staff with them.

She did not know how much it blessed me, but she walked by and asked "How are you Pastor? I can not tell you how honored I was to hear those words come out of her mouth.

I may not be a Pastor any longer. But I still want to stand before him and have Him call me "Servant"

No comments: