Monday, October 29, 2007

Kids

We lost our first one and had trouble conceiving. So when we started to try again it was an emotional roller coaster. Was it me? Was I not able to produce good seeds? I always blamed myself and never my wife. We went to church as we always did on Sunday and there was a time for prayer. If you have ever been in a Charismatic or progressive church, you know that there are times when you can be prayed for.

Linda was the Superintendent of a private school district and was a mother figure to my wife and I. She quietly put her hand on my wife's shoulder and told her that God was going to bless us with the sounds of joy and laughter in our household. That night we conceived the first of 3.

I loved it when my wife was pregnant. That was the most beautiful that she ever looked and to know that she was full of life was a plus.

I know that it is not possible for me to have any more kids but the ones that I have are truly a gift that I cherish. I get to pick them up from school today and I can not wait to give and receive love from my own blood.

It is a great day.

No comments: